Did you know all iBUILT KITS products are approved as Australian Designed, Made and Owned?
Thanks for supporting a local
Mud Guards designed to take a beating!!!
Finish off your custom tray build, or fit larger tyres with these tough looking tapered mud-guards Kit. Constructed from Aussie made 3mm marine grade alloy big enough to fit up to a 35” tyre, their main 3 piece construction allows easy assembly and high strength over conventional welded guards that are prone to warpage and cracking when exposed to extreme conditions found when 4wding.
Supplied with all the parts you need including a free set of iBuilt Kits Mud flaps wide enough to cover the wildest of treads. (Guards supplied as a pair).
Attention to detail around every corner!
Our designs are completely original with not a single corner has been cut, both in the final product but also in the process getting here. When we mention attention to detail you would not imagine the thought process and planning that has gone into each and every one of our Australian made products. Each and every design has been through multiple revisions and prototypes leaving us with a product we are stoked to leave our mark with throughout the Aussie 4WD scene.
Trust us when we say, “You won’t be disappointed”.
Fit them Where you want, How you want!
Guards are supplied with blank mounting surfaces allowing you to drill and bolt perfectly to suit your tray, eliminating slots and holes that will fill with dirt and leak mud down the sides of your guards, essentially doing the opposite of what a mudguard is supposed to do!
This kit does not include mounting fasteners as these will differ greatly between trays, there are great instructions included to assist you in mounting your new guards correctly.
Guards are designed to suit most vehicles but can be easily trimmed, shortened, and modified by the purchaser to suit their specific needs.
- Difficulty level – 2/5 – Pop Riveting and Bolting required for Assembly, careful measurement and marking will be needed for drilling holes to suit mounting to your existing tray.
- Tools required – File or deburring tool, handheld pop rivet gun, 4mm Allen wrench, 10mm spanner.
- What’s included? – Laser cut and CNC folded Sheet metal parts, pop-rivets, Nuts, Bolts and Washers. Complete easy to understand installation instructions.
- Mounting – Depending on the design of your current tray or trailer, you may need to space the mudguards down from the undertray surface to sit inline with your tray side profile, this can be done with box section, spacers or washers for small distances, Rivet nuts aka ‘Nutserts’ are a great way to fix box section profiles allowing a thread for bolting to, iBuilt Kits does not recommend the use of ‘Tek Screws’ for attachment to your tray. For additional strength, ‘Sikaflex’ or similar adhesive can be used along with fastening bolts.
- Preparation – Sheet metal parts have been deburred at the factory, although some sharp edges may be still present and require some preparation before assembly, this can be done with a file, flappy disc, or deburring tool. Parts are also covered with a protective film on one side for fabrication and transport reasons to prevent scratches, this film must be removed prior to assembly and any residue left from the cutting process should be cleaned from the surface, this is best done by wiping with Acetone or a similar solvent. If you wish to have your parts painted or powder-coated, parts should be given a light sanding with 180-240 grit paper and painted before assembly for best results.
- Materials – Australian made 3mm 5052 Marine Grade Aluminium, 5056 Aluminium Rivets, 304 Stainless steel fasteners.
- Dimensions – (mm) 330W x 940L x 415H
- Weight – 10.2 kg (pair)
Handheld Rivet Gun
4mm Hex Wrench