Did you know all iBUILT KITS products are approved as Australian Designed, Made and Owned?
Thanks for supporting a local
Climb your way to the top! (**of your roof rack)
Canopies are great, but getting onto the roof of a lifted car is a complete pain in the backside. Stop climbing from the backseat and sliding down your windscreen, get safe and quick access to your roof rack, platform or roof top tent with this easy to assembly ladder kit.
A functional but stylish design incorporating ergonomic step treads with smooth rounded edges make climbing barefoot at midnight into your rooftop tent a pleasure. Supplied with everything you need to assemble and install to the rear of your canopy or dogbox.
Attention to detail around every corner!
Our designs are completely original with not a single corner has been cut, both in the final product but also in the process getting here. When we mention attention to detail you would not imagine the thought process and planning that has gone into each and every one of our Australian made products. Each and every design has been through multiple revisions and prototypes leaving us with a product we are stoked to leave our mark with throughout the Aussie 4WD scene.
Trust us when we say, “You won’t be disappointed”.
Functional, Strong, and Lightweight…
Constructed from Aussie made marine grade aluminium, this ladder is designed to last years of corrugations and abuse. Featuring a fold down leg design allowing for easy reach on even the tallest of vehicles, plus dual over-center latches with safety catch prevent your ladder from folding down during extreme road conditions. Depth adjustability lets you fit the ladder around rear mounted tyres in widths ranging from 255-355mm, or to cut down the brackets for that slimline package.
- Difficulty level – 2/5 – Pop Riveting and Bolting required for Assembly, careful measurement and marking will be needed for drilling canopy for mounting bolts.
- Tools required – File or deburring tool, handheld pop rivet gun, 5mm Allen wrench, 6mm Allen wrench, 13mm spanner, 17mm spanner.
- What’s included? – Laser cut and CNC folded Sheet metal parts, Zinc plated over-center latches, pop-rivets, Nuts, Bolts and Washers, Assembly/anti-corrosive paste, plus complete easy to understand installation instructions.
- Mounting – This drop down canopy ladder can be mounted to your existing canopy or dogbox requiring drilling and bolting into the rear wall. Mounting bolts to suit up to 4mm wall thickness are included.
- Preparation – Sheet metal parts have been deburred at the factory, although some sharp edges may be still present and require some preparation before assembly, this can be done with a file, flappy disc, or deburring tool. Parts are also covered with a protective film on one side for fabrication and transport reasons to prevent scratches, this film must be removed prior to assembly and any residue left from the cutting process should be cleaned from the surface, this is best done by wiping with Acetone or a similar solvent. If you wish to have your parts painted or powder-coated, parts should be given a light sanding with 180-240 grit paper and painted before assembly for best results.
- Materials – Australian made 3 and 4mm 5052 Marine Grade Aluminium, 5056 Aluminium Rivets, 304 Stainless steel fasteners.
- Dimensions – Assembled Dimensions(mm) 410W x 373L x 850H (including latches)
- Weight – 9.0kg
Handheld Rivet Gun
3,5,6mm Hex Wrenches
9mm Drill Bit